Create awareness of your surroundings. Ultrasonically senses distances of objects, persons,
walls from 0.152 to 6.45 m (0.500 to 21.2 ft.). Is invisible to the audience.
Completely silent to the human ear, hence it is suitable for sound installations.
- Use for distance measurement relative to a wall or presence detection of objects and persons
(it cannot detect the number of people present).
- Combine with a
sensors and make sure every move of your visitor has an effect.
Perhaps the TouchStripOn
is useful for additional coverage on walls.
The Flash +
combo allows you to implement break-beams that could indicate borders or thresholds.
||1.1 (May 2009)|
||ultrasonic (42 KHz)|
||36° - 50° cone (dependent on distance)|
||0.152 to 6.45 m (0.500 to 21.2 ft.)
||2.5 cm (1.0 inch)
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||-40° to 85° C (-40° to 185° F)|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, 2 mA
||20 x 22 x 16.4 mm (0.79 x 0.87 x 0.65 inch)|
||4.4 g (0.16 oz), incl. cable|
||5.0 m (16 ft), shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = sensor output|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- 09 Dec 2014: SensorX v1.00 for MacOS and Windows (64bit, contact us for the 32bit version) from source code in Max. For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder. Use together with Connect (MacOS / Windows) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
- upon power-up, the sensor performs a distance calibration, so if anything is closer than 35 cm (14 inch) it can cause close objects to be ignored
- multiple Advance-645 sensors can be placed adjacently where the spacing is determined by the maximum distance to be measured at which distance the ultrasound emission cones should not overlap
- any indirect echoes of the ultrasonic pulse (eg. from the sidewalls in a narrow corridor) may generate incorrect sensor output values