Find out about the level of arousal and/or emotional excitation with this sensor. This sensor measures the GSR (galvanic skin resistance). This measurement method is also used for the infamous lie detector. View the sensor data using our BioEmo software (see below).
Use the BioEmo with a wireless Wi-microSystem in all cases to operate conveniently without tether and ensure electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below). See this videoclip for a demo of the BioEmo v1.1 !
The BioEmo combines perfectly with the BioBeat, BioFlex and BioWave. Become zen and still perform.
- Add intensity to your musical performance by tweaking your sound through your skin resistance and more body physiology.
- For whole-body expression go bodysuit, capture all your joints' movements and express with all your extremities.
BendShort sensors from finger to toe.
Add a GForce3D-6 on your feet
and hands to capture kicks and punches.
A Hot will keep
you in check of your body temp. Top it all off with a
TouchGlove on both hands to always be able to touch-control your performance, even when you're doing a handstand.
Using the sensor with the Wi-microSystem not only ensures electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below) but also enables you to use the sensor without being tethered to your computer or MIDI device.
- User guide for BioEmo v1.1
- Demo v1.1 video
- 25 Nov 2013: BioEmo v1.5 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max.
The BioEmo sensor is to be used only with extreme caution according to the following instructions. It is intended for research purposes only and not intended for use in any clinical medical practices whatsoever.
Any violation of these instructions nullifies any warranty (express or implied) and nullifies any liability or culpability (express or implied) of Infusion Systems Ltd.. Any violation of these instructions can result in electrocution, severe injury, or even death.
- The BioEmo sensor must only be plugged into a battery powered, wireless I-CubeX digitizer (eg. the Wi-microDig or Wi-miniDig) manufactured by Infusion Systems and not any other digitizer.
- The BioEmo sensor must only be connected as shown in the diagram on the wireless digitizer.
- The wireless digitizer used with the BioEmo sensor must only be powered by a common 9V battery as used in consumer goods or an I-CubeX BatteryPack.
- Only I-CubeX sensors may be connected to the wireless digitizer that is used for interfacing the BioEmo.
- When using the BioEmo sensor, I-CubeX products may not be connected in any way to the electrical power grid or any other high voltage source.
||2.0 (November 2013)|
||skin impedance (across 2 finger copper electrodes)|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, mA|
||board 21 x 21 x 4.0 mm (0.83 x 0.83 x 0.16 inch), finger electrodes cable length approx. 80 cm (31 inch)
||30 g (1.1 oz) incl. cables|
||1.0 m (39 inch) shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = signal, maximum extension 30 m (98 ft)|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|