For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer in host mode with the icubex.digitizer Max plugin for any of the Wi-/USB-/microDig digitizers.
04 Nov 2017: icubex.digitizer configuration plugin v2.2 (MacOS/Windows) incl. source code
15 Apr 2014: icubex.digitizer configuration plugin v2.1 (MacOS/Windows) incl. source code
Check the download archive page for older releases. Not the right solution ? We have more software.
- Max 6 or higher.
- iCube Max plugin v3 (MacOS or Windows).
- Connect (MacOS / Windows) virtual serial port to virtual MIDI port router.
- A digitizer with firmware v4.5 or higher, including applicable drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
- Try the included help patches.
- The "@hostmode 1" argument, which sets the digitizer in host mode (as opposed to standalone mode which is used with the editor) may be required to use the icubex.digitizer plugin with your digitizer.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), ranging (sensor values within a specified range are offset and scaled to a desired output range), smoothing (noise is removed from sensor values), peak (sensor values are only output when a peak is reached after they passed a threshold)
- Sensor data mapping: map data to MIDI messages
- Multiple instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugins to achieve maximum modularity of your patches
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired output, or switch the routing instantaneously
- Configuration saving: save/reload the settings
- Multiple instantiation support for a digitizer (eg. use an input of a digitizer with one instantiation of the Max plugin and use another input of the same digitizer with another instantiation.
- Support for usage with Connect.
- Settings savings support.
- BPatcher integration.
- "@i2c " argument that disables analog capability for the two adjacent sensor inputs. This allows you to use I2C and analog sensors simultaneously.
- "@zero_thru" argument to allow outputting of zero values when all sensor inputs are turned on with the leftmost toggle switch.
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.
- On Windows 64-bit, if you encounter an error message popup window stating that MSVCR110D.DLL is missing, you are using iCube and oCube v3.1 externals that were released prior to 3 December 2014. To avoid this error message, please re-download and use/install new copies of the v3.1 (64-bit) iCube and oCube externals that were released on/after 3 December 2014.