For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer in host mode with the Dig4Live plugin for Ableton Live for both the Wi-microDig and USB-microDig digitizers.
02 Aug 2010: digitizer configuration plugin v1.11 (MacOS/Windows) incl. source code
- Ableton Live 8.1.1 or higher with MaxForLive addon.
- A Wi-microDig or USB-microDig digitizer with firmware v4.5 or higher, including applicable drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
Click on the white square left of the device/clip mode selector to turn on/off the input. The large dot below the on/off button is black when the output value is less than 1 and white when 1. The rectangle with blue border selects the input range, ie. which values of the sensor signal will be captured. The rectangle with green border sets the range of the output value. To enable trigger/toggle mode, click in the input range widget to set the level at which the sensor triggers or toggles the output. To enable continuous control click in the output range widget and drag up or down to set the range.
To route the sensor signal to a device in a MIDI track, in the settings section of a sensor input, select the track number (ie. of the MIDI track you want to control), then the right device number, then the parameter number (of the device parameter you want to control). Also the sensor setting should stay in "device mode" (menu at top of sensor settings).
To route the sensor signal to a clip in a MIDI track, in the settings section of a sensor input, select the track number (ie. of the MIDI track you want to control), then the clip number (of the clip you want to control). The sensor setting should stay in "clip mode" (menu at top of sensor settings). The parameter value is of no use in clip mode.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to any desired output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range), output ranging (mapping the sensor data to a limited range of the Live control parameter)
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired Live parameter, or switch the routing instantaneously
- Multiple instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Live plugin to achieve maximum modularity of your patches
- Multiple digitizer support
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.