For more sensor mapping and actuator control complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer with the ioCube plugin for Touchdesigner on MacOS and Windows. The ioCube Touchdesigner node is a software module that facilitates the configuration of a digitizer and processes its sensor data so that it's ready for use in a Touchdesigner project, network or inside another node. It can also control the digitizer outputs and the connected actuators. Use Touchdesigner for free unless you are using it commercially.
11 Feb 2020: ioCube Touchdesigner plugin v1.11 for MacOS and Windows.
- Touchdesigner for MacOS or Windows.
- A digitizer with firmware v6.0 or higher, including applicable drivers.
- The USB-microDig requires a USB interface and drivers.
- The Wi-microDig requires a Bluetooth interface, eg. the BluetoothAdapter, with drivers.
- The WiDig requires a USB interface and drivers or a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) interface, with drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
- Consult the support wiki and try the referenced example projects.
- The ioCube was released at the Sensors & Touchdesigner workshop during the Touchdesigner Summit in Montreal on 19 August 2019. See this workshop guide for a summary.
- The WiDig with firmware 8.11 or higher and USB-microDig with firmware 7.61 or higher are fully supported. Any older digitizer that communicates via a virtual serial port and is running its latest firmware version can still be used with ioCube but some features may not work correctly. The ioCube cannot connect with digitizers via MIDI or BLE-MIDI (yet).
- Sync ioCube node internal status data to the digitizer that's connected.
- Configure analog as well as digital (I2C) sensors.
- Output digital (I2C) sensor data in physical units of measurement.
- Configure binary, pulse width modulated (PWM) as well as digital (I2C) actuators.
- Full command set for configuring a digitizer in host (raw data) mode.
- Compatible with WiDig with firmware 8.11 or higher and USB-microDig with firmware 7.61 or higher.
- Support for all other WiDigs, USB-microDigs and Wi-microDigs.
- Auto configuration restore: automatic configuration re-load after a digitizer power cycle.
- Digitizer version support: digitizer firmware and hardware are checked by ioCube.
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.
- Due to a so-called "memory leak", Touchdesigner 2019.20140 or older will run out of memory eventually when running the ioCube for days. This problem has been fixed in newer versions of Touchdesigner.
- The ioCube cannot connect with digitizers via MIDI or BLE-MIDI (yet).
- Older digitizers that communicate via a virtual serial port and are running their latest firmware version can be used with ioCube but some features may not work correctly. For instance USB-microDigs with firmware 7.4 only support analog sensors and a few digital sensors whilst on Wi-microDigs no outputs can be configured and even fewer digital sensors are supported.
- When changing the sampling interval in the node's GUI in viewer-active mode, after editing the number, click outside the number widget and then again in the number widget to have the new sampling interval effectuated. Alternatively, use the node's parameters panel.
- When changing the pulse interval or pulse width with the slider in the node's parameters panel, the value will not change as expected due to processing delays. Use the number field instead to set the values.