Senses dynamic acceleration and deceleration in three dimensions simultaneously, such as occurring in impacts. Can be held in the palm of your hand. Detects upto 35 G, so can easily handle some crash tests.
Similar sensors that can also measure tilt (ie. acceleration due to gravitation) are:
- Use for hand motion and jolt, jerk or impact detection as well as balance measurement.
- Attach these to Whirling Dervishes, kinetic sculptures or Fido as he chases the neighborhood cat. Add an Orient3D to keep track of its orientation.
- Attach to moving objects and measure their impact on each other and/or walls.
- Allow your robot or toy car to know what forces it's being subjected to.
Combine with Orient3D, and
ReachClose to detect
approaches to and/or impacts with walls and what have you.
- A wireless Wi-microSystem
is recommended in all cases to operate without tether.
||± 35 G|
||2 mG (at 100 Hz vibration)|
||0.55 to 185 Hz|
|Calibration (output 1, 2 or 3)|
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||3 to 9 V DC, 13 µA|
||-40° to 85° C (-40° to 185° F)|
||53 x 33 x 11 mm (2.1 x 1.3 x 0.43 inch), dimensions don't include two flanges with 4.0 mm (0.16 inch) mounting holes spaced 62 mm (2.4 inch) apart|
||25 g (0.80 oz), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, thick black wire = ground, thin black wire = sensor output 1, white wire = sensor output 2, grey wire = sensor output 3, maximum extension 25 m (82 ft)|
||male plug with 5 pins in 3 rows spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- With the pins of the connector facing yourself and the red power wire facing up, the rightmost pin is output 1, the center pin is output 2 and the leftmost pin is output 3.
- Viewing the sensor from the top when it is placed on a table with the flanges down, output 1 corresponds with acceleration along the diagonal line connecting left bottom to right top, while output 2 corresponds with acceleration along the diagonal line connecting left top to right bottom and output 3 corresponds with acceleration along the height of the sensor.
- The sensor requires a few seconds after powerup before it is operational.
- Warning ! Make sure the sensor is plugged into the Digitizer with the red side up (corresponding to power on the Digitizer). Reversing the plug may cause damage to the sensor.