For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer in host mode with the iCube and oCube Max for MacOS plugins.
22 Jun 2007: iCube & oCube Max plugins v2.10 (MacOS X on Intel)
Windows Max plugins v3.0, Windows Max plugins v2.1, MacOS on PowerPC Max plugins v2.01 and jMax plugins for Linux/Unix are also available.
Also checkout our digitizer plugins for Max.
- Max plugins v2.10 require Max 4.6-6.0 for MacOS X on Intel.
- A digitizer with firmware v3.5 or higher, including applicable drivers, is required.
Manuals and tutorials
Here is the user manual and also try these Max for MacOS tutorials.
Please note that the "0 hostmode" message, which sets the digitizer in host mode (as opposed to stand alone mode which is used with the editor) may be required to use the iCube plugin with your digitizer.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to any desired output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range)
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired output of iCube, or switch the routing instantaneously
- Multiple iCube and oCube instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugins to achieve maximum modularity of your patches
- Multiple digitizer support (support for digitizer device IDs): use up to 126 digitizers in one Max patch
- Auto configuration restore: automatic configuration re-load upon boot-up
- The sample interval cannot be set lower than 4 ms, whereas the (Wi-)microDig can be set to 0 ms. The work-around is to send a message "240 125 0 3 0 1 247" directly to the midiout object, for setting the sample interval to 1 ms.
- The "interval" message cannot be included in compound messages (eg. "1 connect 1 1 res 1 1 max 1023 1 on").
- The iCube error outlet may show an error when there's none.
- Setting the Max Overdrive feature (in the Options drop menu) will disable the output of values from iCube (outputs don't change).