Measure the intensity of ambient light with this sensor that approximates the human eye response curve to light. It can separately measure infrared and full-spectrum (infrared and human-visible) light. A digital I2C sensor, that outputs cailbrated, high resolution, low-noise signals.
- Measure room or ambient lighting.
- Put fish in a bowl with lights below and let the fish shadows play music (fish not included).
- Combine with the Hot, Air2D and Humid sensors to create a meteorological station. Add soil Moisture sensors and Switches to control valves for watering your plants.
||1.1 (February 2021)|
||ambient light, illuminance|
||photodiodes: broadband (visible plus
infrared) and infrared-specific photodiode|
||approx. 120 ° cone|
|Spectral response range
||approx. 300 to 1000 nm|
||0.1 to 40,000+ Lux|
||15 to 400 ms (dependent on integration time)|
||4.75 - 5.25 V, 0.5 mA at 5 V|
||-30 to 80 ºC (-22 to 176 ºF)|
||22 x 15 x 5 mm (0.87 x 0.60 x 0.2 inch)|
||two 3.0 mm (0.12 inch) mounting holes spaced 8 mm (0.3 inch) apart|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, grey wire = I2C data (SDA), white wire = I2C clock (SCL), extendable at least 4 m (13 ft) with ExtendCableD-01 and 10 m (33 ft) with ExtendCableD-10|
||male 1x4 plug with 4 pins in a row spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
||11 g (0.39 oz), incl. cable|
- 23 Jul 2019: Light2D v1.12 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max. For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder. Requires a digitizer with firmware v7.61 or higher (but lower than v8.00) or v8.11 or higher. Use together with Connect (MacOS / Windows).
- Make sure the sensor is plugged into the digitizer with the red wire connected to power. Reversing the plug may cause damage to the sensor.
- Requires a digitizer with digital (I2C) ports, eg. the USB-microDig or the Wi-microDig.
- The default I2C address is 57 (0x39). Both I2C lines have 10 kOhm pull-up resistors.
- Our software enables you to use most features of this sensor.
- See the Light2D function description in the firmware documentation for more details about the various methods available in host and standalone mode.
- For more technical specs, and to find out how to access the sensor data in detail, please consult this datasheet.
- To extend the cable, use ExtendCableD-01 and/or ExtendCableD-10.