A low power, low pressure valve that can be switched on/off to control the flow of liquid or air. Easily connects with consumer home/garden plant irrigation hoses.
- Route water where and when you need it, eg. control when to water your plants.
- Combine with the Wet, Flow, Moist, Hot, Humid, Air and Light sensors together with Switches to control water valves, to create a full-blown irrigation system for your plants.
- Can also be used to route steam or other gases as long as they have atmospheric pressure levels.
||1.0 (September 2016)|
||11 L/min maximum|
||approx. 1 bar, 101 kPa, 15 PSI maximum|
||4.5 mm (outer diameter)|
||10 to 12 V DC, 105 mA (coil resistance 114 Ohm)|
||60 x 37 x 23 mm (2.4 x 1.5 x 0.91 inch)|
||53 g (1.9 oz)|
||6.3 mm male spade|
- Requires 10 to 12 V DC power supply.
- To switch power to the valve a separate device such as the Switch is needed which then can be controlled by the USB-microDig actuator outputs (top row of the connector for sensors and actuators), or the Digitizer outputs.
- The inner diameter of the tube or hose has to be approx. 4 mm to fit tightly onto the valve hose connectors. The tube or hose has to be pushed over the edge around the valve hose connector to prevent leaking and/or sliding off of the hose from the valve connector. Common compatible consumer home/garden plant irrigation hoses are 6 mm outer diameter.
- Cannot be connected directly to water taps since the water pressure is too high so that the valve can not close, while the hose may also slip from the valve when the valve is closed.