A valve that can switch on/off the flow of liquid or air at atmospheric pressures, ie., about 100 kPa. Easily connects with thin consumer home/garden plant irrigation hoses. Requires a GlobalAdapter-1201 and a SwitchPower to switch power on/off to the actuator. Comes with two 10 cm wires with female spade connectors.
- Route water where and when you need it, eg. control when to water your plants.
- Combine with the Wet, Flow, Moist, Hot, Humid, Air and Light sensors together with SwitchPower actuators to control water valves, to create a full-blown irrigation system for your plants.
- Can also be used to route steam or other gases as long as they have atmospheric pressure levels.
||1.0 (September 2016)|
||11 L/min maximum|
||approx. 1 bar, 100 kPa, 15 PSI maximum|
||4.5 mm (outer diameter)|
||10 to 12 V DC, 105 mA (coil resistance 114 Ohm)|
||60 x 37 x 23 mm (2.4 x 1.5 x 0.91 inch)|
||no mounting holes|
||10 cm (3.9 inch), unshielded, extendable at least 100 m (328 ft)|
||stripped wire ends, 6.3 mm (0.25 inch) spades|
||53 g (1.9 oz), incl. cable|
- Requires 10 to 12 V DC power supply such as the GlobalAdapter-1201.
- To switch power to the valve use the SwitchPower. Place the 2 female spades crimped on 10 cm wire on the male spades of the actuator and then connect the wires to the SwitchPower.
- The inner diameter of the tube or hose has to be approx. 4 mm to fit tightly onto the valve hose connectors. The tube or hose has to be pushed over the edge around the valve hose connector to prevent leaking and/or sliding off of the hose from the valve connector. Common compatible consumer home/garden plant irrigation hoses are 6 mm outer diameter and 4 mm inner diameter.
- Cannot be connected directly to water taps since residential water pressure is too high resulting in the valve being unable to close, and the hose possibly slipping from the valve when the valve is closed.
- To connect to a source of water, place the hose in a bucket of water such as the water tank of a toilet which is kept full automatically.