The powerful uncle of the Switch. Handles 300 Watt DC / 2.5 kW AC loads.
- Switch of lamps, motors and other devices.
||1.0 (September 2016)|
||300 W DC / 2.5 kW AC maximum|
||30 V DC / 250 V AC maximum|
||10 A maximum|
|Switched output connector
||screw-terminal block with NC (normally closed), COM (common) and NO (normally open) terminals|
||5 V DC, 2.5 mA|
||5 V DC, 72 mA (max)|
||43 x 18 x 18 mm (1.7 x 0.71 x 0.71 inch)|
||22 g (0.78 oz), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = actuator input, maximum extension ? m (? ft)|
||male plug with 3 pins in a row spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- Our EditorX software allows you to configure the digitizer to control multiple actuators simultaneously with on/off as well as PWM signals.
- Our Link software allows you to multiple actuators simultaneously with on/off signals.
- Can be used directly with the USB-microDig actuator outputs (top row of the connector for sensors and actuators), as well as with the Digitizer outputs (ie. the power supply pins of inputs 25 - 32), as well as with a Wi-microDig with firmware v6.3 or higher.
- To use the SwitchPower with a Wi-microDig with firmware v6.3 or higher move the pin of the SwitchPower plug that is connected to the white wire to the free position between the ground and power pins (ie. the pins connected to the black and red wires). Use a pointy object, eg. a tiny screw driver or sharp knife to take the pin out of the slot by slightly depressing the metal lever through the cutout for the pin attached to the white wire. Then, after having taken out the pin, push the lever out again a bit so that after placing the pin in the slot between the red and black wires, the lever blocks the pin from coming out of the slot. You can see these steps on page 4 and 5 of the HackPlugs v1.0 manual.
- Of the three blue screw terminals the terminal named "COM" (for "common") and one of the other terminals are connected in-between one of the two wires that are used to supply power to the device you want to control or in between the wire that carries a signal you want to interrupt (or not). Cut one of these wires and strip the two ends so that the bare conductors can be inserted into the terminals. Then use a screw driver to secure the conductors in the terminals.
- When the terminal named "COM" and the terminal on its right are connected the COM terminal is not connected to the other terminal on its left, and vice versa. Simply select the terminals such that when you set the SwitchPower on or off, that the state of the device is as per your needs.