Responds to white light. Detects light within a 180°-wide cone field of view. The Light v2 sensor has a similar field of view but is much faster and has a spectral response that closely emulates the human eye. Check the Flash sensor for a narrow field of view, faster response and larger spectral range. See this videoclip for a demo !
- Measure room or ambient lighting.
- Put fish in a bowl with lights below and let the fish shadows play music (fish not included).
- Combine with the Hot, Air and Humid sensors to create a meteorological station. Add soil Moisture sensors and Switches to control valves for watering your plants.
||1.4 (August 2021)|
||ambient light, illuminance|
||180 ° cone|
|Spectral response range
||approx. 515 to 730 nm, ie. visible light|
||10,000 Lux (50 mW/cm2)|
||? (less than 100 ms)|
||more than 1 MOhm (0 Lux) to 10 kOhm (10,000 Lux) in parallel with 10 kOhm|
||1.0 to 10 V DC, 0.2 mA at 5 V|
||-55 to 100 °C (-67 to 212 °F)|
||18 x 15 x 5 mm (0.71 x 0.59 x 0.2 inch)|
||two 2 mm (0.08 inch) mounting holes spaced apart 11.5 mm (0.45 inch)|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = sensor output, extendable at least 100 m (328 ft) with ExtendCableD-10|
||male 1x4 plug with 3 pins in a row spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
||15 g (0.5 oz), incl. cable|
- Our SensePlay software is a very easy way to quickly map sensor data to (sequences of) sounds, images and videos using a drag & drop user interface.
- Our EditorX software allows you to configure the digitizer to process and map the sensor data of multiple sensors simultaneously.
- Our Link software allows you to receive the sensor data from the digitizer and use your computer to view, calibrate, record, process and map the sensor data of multiple sensors simultaneously.
- Our SensorX software allows you to receive the sensor data from the digitizer and use your computer to view, calibrate, record, process and map the data of a single sensor.