For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer with the iCube plugin for Max on MacOS and Windows. The iCube plugin for Max is a software module that facilitates the configuration of a digitizer and processes its sensor data so that it's ready to use in a Max patch. Use Max for free with Max runtime.
29 Nov 2018: iCube Max plugin v4.10 for MacOS or Windows. For WiDigs with firmware 8.1, USB-microDigs with firmware v7.6 or v7.4, Wi-microDigs with firmware v6.4 and microDigs with firmware v5.4.
Older releases can be found on the iCube & oCube page.
oCube Max plugin (MacOS / Windows).
digitizer Max plugin (MacOS / Windows)
iCube Pd plugin (MacOS / Windows / Linux).
- Max 6.0 or higher for MacOS or Windows.
- A digitizer with firmware v4.1 or higher, including applicable drivers.
- The Digitizer requires a MIDI interface with drivers.
- The USB-microDig requires a USB interface and drivers.
- The Wi-microDig requires a Bluetooth interface, eg. the BluetoothAdapter, with drivers.
- The WiDig requires a USB interface and drivers or a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) interface, with drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
- Sync iCube object internal data to the digitizer that's connected.
- Configure analog as well as digital (I2C) sensors.
- Output sensor data in physical units of measurement or as the raw data received from the digitizer.
- Mode-transparent processing of sensor data from digitizer in either host mode or standalone mode.
- Basic command set for configuring a digitizer in standalone mode.
- Compatible with all I-CubeX digitizers.
- Status and error reporting in Max window as well as via message outlet.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to a desired output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range), smoothing (reduce noise in the sensor values), noise gate (output values only if they are larger by a desired amount than the previous value).
- Sensor preset: make use of a standard set of presets to quickly configure an input.
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired outlet of iCube, or switch the routing instantaneously.
- Multiple iCube instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugin to achieve maximum modularity of your patches.
- Multiple digitizer support (support for digitizer device IDs): use up to 126 digitizers in one Max patch.
- Auto configuration restore: automatic configuration re-load after a digitizer power cycle.
- Digitizer version support: digitizer firmware and hardware are checked by iCube and features are made available accordingly.
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.
- On Windows, iCube v4.1 can be used with Connect v1.45 but Connect may not be fully compatible. We are working on a new version of Connect for Windows to address any issues.