For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer with the oCube plugin for Max on MacOS and Windows. The oCube plugin for Max is a software module that facilitates the configuration of a digitizer's actuator outputs so that they are ready to use in a Max patch. Use Max for free with Max runtime.
07 June 2023: oCube Max plugin v8.30 for MacOS or Windows. For WiDigs with firmware v8.3, 8.2 or 8.1, USB-microDigs with firmware v7.8, 7.7, 7.6 or 7.4, Wi-microDigs with firmware v6.4, microDigs with firmware v5.4 and Digitizers with firmware v4.1.
Check the download archive page for older releases. Not the right solution ? We have more software.
iCube Max plugin (MacOS / Windows).
digitizer Max plugin (MacOS / Windows)
iCube Pd plugin (MacOS / Windows / Linux).
- Max 6.0 or higher for MacOS or Windows.
- A digitizer with firmware v4.1 or higher, including applicable drivers.
- The Digitizer requires a MIDI interface with drivers.
- The USB-microDig requires a USB interface and drivers.
- The Wi-microDig requires a Bluetooth interface, eg. the BluetoothAdapter, with drivers.
- The WiDig requires a USB interface and drivers or a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) interface, with drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
- Sync oCube object internal data to the digitizer that's connected.
- Configure binary, pulse width modulated (PWM) as well as digital (I2C) actuators.
- Mode-transparent control of actuators, ie. it works in both host mode and standalone mode.
- Compatible with all I-CubeX digitizers.
- Status and error reporting in Max window as well as via message outlet.
- Actuator control functions: on / off / toggle with duration up to 12.7 s, single pulse with duration up to 12.7 s, repeating pulse with interval up to 16383 ms and variable pulse width up to 127 ms.
- Actuator data routing: connect actuators to any desired inlet of oCube, or switch the routing instantaneously.
- Multiple oCube instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugin to achieve maximum modularity of your patches.
- Multiple digitizer support (support for digitizer device IDs): use up to 126 digitizers in one Max patch.
- Digitizer version support: digitizer firmware and hardware are checked by oCube and features are made available accordingly.
- Debugging support: verbose and report functions provide more details of oCube status as well as digitizer status.
- Compatibility with firmware 8.3.
- Support for Apple silicon (M1).
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.