How to set Actuator output control with Link ?

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

Alain Crevoisier
I-CubeX gear: USB MicroDig

How to set Actuator output control with Link ?

Post by Alain Crevoisier »

Hi,

I've got a USB-microDig with Link v1.1 and would like to control relays with MIDI notes. I cannot find how to set MIDI note numbers to control the Actuator outputs. I tried with the Editor as well and could not find the way to configure that.

Thanks for your help

Alain
Tech

Re: How to set Actuator output control with Link ?

Post by Tech »

We are planning this for a new release of Link. For now you'd have to use the Editor to configure the MIDI messages for the USB-microDig and then use BlueMIDI on Windows to enable the USB-microDig to receive MIDI messages.
I-CubeX Technical Support
Alain Crevoisier

I guess I would have to use the "Output" Window in the Editor to configure the MIDI messages for controlling the output channels. But the option is greyed in the Window menu. Only System and Recording is accessible.

Any idea?
Tech

Post by Tech »

Have you connected the Editor with the USB-microDig ? If not, what version is your USB-microDig (see sequence of numbers on its bottom) ?
Alain Crevoisier

Yes, the USB-microDig was connected to the Editor. Today, I tried again and loaded the configuration from the Digitizer instead of starting with a new file. Magically, the Output window was then available !

However I am still unable to control the outputs with MIDI. I tried with BlueMidi as you suggested but when I hit "Connect" there is a windows appearing saying "Select Bluetooth Service". I'm on Mac OS X (10.6.8). Can't we receive MIDI directly in the Editor? I have a MIDI bus enabled to send MIDI from one application to the other.

The version on my digitizer is v7.10 / v7.10 / 0000
Tech

Post by Tech »

Sorry, perhaps it wasn't clear from the first post 26 June, but you have to use BlueMIDI on MicroSoft Windows. On MacOS BlueMIDI can't connect to a USB-microDig and we don't know of or have another way to map a serial port to MIDI. If you do know of a way to do that on MacOS, please post back here, thanks !
Tech

Post by Tech »

There's now a test version of Link that will enable you to control the actuators with MIDI note-on messages. Please go to http://icubex.com/link.