dead (brand new) i-cube or powersupply?

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

Michael Hale

Post by Michael Hale »

I just received my i-cube yesterday in the mail and have been using it without incident. However, out of the blue, the i-cube stopped sending data - I looked at the power LED and it was off. Now, no matter what I do, the power LED won't light when I plug the i-cube in - I'm afraid that either my powersupply switching adapter is bad or else, my i-cube is faulty.

What can I do to troubleshoot at this point? If my unit is defective, what can I do to get another one? I have some upcoming shows (first one is on the 7th of Feb) and I'd like to be back up and running before then. I emailed tech@infusionsystems.com, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks for your help

--
Michael Hale <smiley@verio.net>
ISS engineer - DNS team NTT/VERIO
Lucas Bambozzi

Post by Lucas Bambozzi »

call them. it usually works.
Michael Hale

fuse in the i-cube...

Post by Michael Hale »

Could anybody who has their i-cube handy take a look at the fuse and let me know if the filament runs diagonal or horizontal?

I talked to infusion systems and they suggested that the fuse might be blown - I looked at the fuse and there are no visible burn marks. The only thing that I see is that the filament is running diagonal. I'm not sure if this is normal.

Next question - I might just go ahead and replace the fuse just to be safe - do any of you know how to get it out? It's kinda cramped in there and I'm not sure how to get it out without breaking it. Is there a tool or something that would make it easier?
Michael Hale

looks like my unit is dead :^(

Post by Michael Hale »

Well, I tested the fuse and it's good so it looks like I might have gotten a faulty unit :^( Not fair to be tantalized by the possibilities, only to be denied...

Thanks everybody for their help
Michael Hale

i-cube question...

Post by Michael Hale »

Well, my i-cube is up and running again - turns out that the power adapter was bad. I went to radioshack and got a matching adapter and now my i-cube is up and running again.

I've been using it for most of the day, and I've noticed a behavior that is a bit bothersome.

When I have the i-cube editor (PC) running, it seems that whatever sensor I have that's context selected (ie, that I've clicked on with a mouse) updates at a much faster rate than the other sensors. For this example, I'm using the Tilt 2d sensor. The sensor I have selected updates very smoothly, while the other sensor (the other axis) which is not selected updates very choppy. If I click on the sensor that is choppy (context selecting it), it starts updating smoothly and the sensor that was previously context selected starts to update choppy.

I would think that they should both update at the same rate, especially if I only have two sensors (one for each of the axis of rotation)
plugged into the i-cube. It's a bit of a bummer that the controller data for the sensor NOT selected is choppy, because it makes everything very "steppy".

Any ideas?