The problem

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

G4jima

The problem

Post by G4jima »

The problem seems to be this;

The editor doesnt see the digitiser.....

my midiman 4x4 functions perfectly. I have tested both the input and outputs individually.

I have downloaded the latest editor etc.

I am using a mini icubexsystem

I have

a tap tile

a reach Old discontinued (repaired, but obtainable I hope)
used to give some sort of feedback, on one occasion.

I wish to trigger video, simply or add effects variable or even sound.

I am aware that Max can do this but I now have only six days to achieve it,to really achieve something innovative.

Really all I need to do is route the midi to a VJ app, for example
If I was using arkaos with midi keyboard evverything is fine so surely I can assign a reach as the modulator or pitchbend replacement? or to an effect, or just forget the keyboard and have each sensor assigned to trigger a basic effect or trigger a clip or whatever after all its only midi???

I Wish there was a simple mac app a drag and drop, drop movies here locate midi sensors there, change parameters here and there. but its all
really tempremental or at least my kit is. :"(

My worries are that my digitiser is malfunctioning, iam going to test it with some basic midi sequencer hardware or something like a 303 try to assign it to some of the parameters.

My frustrations are that it looks very simple to assign the new reach sensors to the modulator wheel. where as I am finding anything like this unobtainable. And Many people are attaining sensor environments why cant I?

Firmware, in the unit itself!? already surely this isnt what my problem is?

further frustrations, its always been like this since day one............they arent broke they always have been. :"(

Sensor environment unobtainable?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tech

Post by Tech »

Hi again,

Once you have cleared the problem you have with the editor (see other message you posted) you can assign a sensor to the pitch bend MIDI message the close the editor and use Arkaos Vj application. The miniDig will ack the same as your MIDI keyboard for pitch bend (according you set the same MIDI channel). I recommend that you use only the Turn sensor for a test with Arkaos then use the editor to configure some other sensor until you get what you want to do.

Regards.

--
Technical Support
Infusion Systems Ltd.
G4jima

Re: The problem

Post by G4jima »

Hey I still have problems with all my sensors including reach seelaser tap tile the only one that I can operate is turn.

Jim
G4jima

Post by G4jima »

I get nothing from my seelasers
Tech

Post by Tech »

Hi there Jim

Are you plugging the seelasers properly, ie with the red wire on top? connecting them backwards can cause damage to them.

As for the reach, what kind of output are you getting?
I-CubeX Technical Support