I-CUBEX DVD control

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

Alec Mathewson

I-CUBEX DVD control

Post by Alec Mathewson »

Hi,

I just purchased an I-cubeX starter pack for some upcomming midi based projects of mine.

I also own a couple of Pioneer DVD 7400 and would love to know if I can adapt my I-Cube to control these DVD players. The players accept RS-232c control. So essentially I want to know if an adapter exists so I can use i cube's motion sensors to control these devices without using a midi app. This way I can free up my computer for other projects. Oh... and I have spent most my budget on the starter pack so any suggestions that are low in cost are extremely welcome.

Any suggestions would be awesome. I am new here and have lots to learn.

Best.

Alec
Tech

MIDI to serial/RS232

Post by Tech »

Hi,

The miniDig can only send it's MIDI messages to a device equipped with a MIDI port. To transfer data from MIDI to a serial port you could use a computer with a software such as Max/MSP. This would enable you to trigger events at the serial port (using Max's serial object) according to received MIDI data from the midi port (Max's midiin object). You could also make a small application using a programming software such as Visual Basic or Visual C.

Regards.

--
Technical Support
Infusion Systems Ltd.