multiple icubex usage

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

fiona

multiple icubex usage

Post by fiona »

we are trying to hook up two icubex boxes to the one max project so we have enough outputs.
how do you use multiple oCube objects?

thanks!
Tech

Using 2 ocube objects in Max

Post by Tech »

Hi,

Here are two ways to use 2 ocube objects:

First way is to have a multiple port MIDI interface. You connect the dig1 to portA and dig2 to portB. Then make a patch in Max with one ocube that connects to the midiout object. Use a second ocube object and a second midiout object. Lock the patch and set the first midiout object to portA and second midiout object to portB.

Second way is to program dig2 using the I-CubeX editor for "ID 1". All digs are by default to "ID 0" or if you reset the digitizer. To program a new ID you need to connect only one digitizer (leave other one unplugged). Once dig2 is programmed close editor.
Connect dig1 MIDI in to your MIDI interface MIDI out. Connect dig1 MIDI out to dig2 MIDI in.
Start Max, make a new patch and connect two ocube object to a single midiout object. First ocube object is called "ocube 0" second is called "ocube 1". Lock the patch & set the midiout object to the port where dig1 is connected.

A third way would be not to use the digs with the ocube objects. You can use the I-CubeX editor to set the outputs (output window in the editor) of the digs to change from receiving a MIDI events such as MIDI note-on. So, you can program dig1 to use MIDI note-on from channel 1 (default) and dig2 from channel 2. Then in Max send MIDI note-on to enable/disable the outputs for dig1 & dig2. The connection of digs is same as second way (interface out -> dig1 in -> dig1 out -> dig2 in).

Regards.

--
Technical Support
Infusion Systems Ltd.