MIDI Protocol Errors and other woes...

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

joelsquare

MIDI Protocol Errors and other woes...

Post by joelsquare »

Hi All,

I'm just in the process of setting up my new computer (MacBook Pro - Core 2 Duo 2.16) and I'm having troubles connecting my i-Cubex thingies.

Wondering if anyone can give me some insgiht here...

The first problem I encountered was just a standard 'Can't connect' message, but after some tinkering, I was able to get a 'MIDI Protocol Error', and I started to see some activity between the Editor software and my miniDig, but it wasn't reliable, and, I still am receiving regular 'MIDI Protocol Errors'.

Other pertinent info..
- the sticker on my miniDig says: 44-50-90-xxxx
- I believe I have the most recent version of JAVA
- upon powering the miniDig on, I get 2 flashes of the yellow light, followed by one flash of the green and yellow lights at the same time
- I do notice, when I monitor the MIDI, that I seem to be getting a fair bit of . data, even when I'm not doing anything.
- I believe I have the most current version of the software.
- I have already tried resetting the miniDig through the editor (during the intermittent MIDI Protocol Errors)

Hmmm... I think that's it. Anyone have any thoughts as to why this isn't working as smoothly as it has in the past?

-j