Push2D: how to return to "zero", i.e., default MID

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

mooncaine

Push2D: how to return to "zero", i.e., default MID

Post by mooncaine »

Does anyone have some tips or help for this problem:

When I plug in my Push2D and assign it to Pitch Bend, the joystick doesn't return to "zero", although it does come close.

Not close enough, though, because it sends pitch bend constantly, and that means it forces my synthesizer to go out of tune and stay out of tune.

I can think of a couple of things that might solve the problem, but I'm new to the i-CubeX editor.app and I don't know how to do any of them.

1. Can I program a "dead zone" in the middle of the range of values, so that as the joystick approaches, for example, the 2.5volt position, the software will scale its output to make sure that a wider area in the center is assigned to send MIDI Pitch Bend value 63? That would force me to move the joystick more before I heard a change in pitch, but it would at least let me use the Push2D for pitch bend.

... or ...

2. Can the I-CubeX editor.app program the Push2D so that it only sends Pitch Bend when I move it, instead of continuously flooding the MIDI channel with pitch bend messages? I think that would be a better solution, but if it's possible, I don't see how to do it.

Thanks,

--moonie

[b]PS: the forum's text markup is broken. At least, it's not working in Firefox on OSX right now.[/b]
][][][][][][][
microDig, Turn v1.3.1, Touch v1.4.1, Slide v2.1, TouchMicro-10 v1.0, Push2D v2.0,
MacBook Pro
Tascam US-122 and PreSonus Firebox audi/midi interfaces
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Hello?

Echo?

Anyone from Infusion watching these forums? Should I contact them directly?
][][][][][][][
microDig, Turn v1.3.1, Touch v1.4.1, Slide v2.1, TouchMicro-10 v1.0, Push2D v2.0,
MacBook Pro
Tascam US-122 and PreSonus Firebox audi/midi interfaces