Momentary switches and Ableton

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

Michael Fonte

Momentary switches and Ableton

Post by Michael Fonte »

I have a m-audio sustain pedal going into my mini-dig. I'm using it to change scenes in Ableton. The problem I'm having is when I press the pedal once, it jumps two scenes. Can I use the editor to set the pedal to be trigger, rather than on/off?
Tech

Re: Momentary switches and Ableton

Post by Tech »

This could be done by using the peak function in the editor. I've copied the following from the manual:

Peak/Dip check box: When checked, peak/dip detection is active. By default the processing
algorithm looks for a peak - if Invert is checked the algorithm looks for a dip in the sensor signal.
When the sensor value raises above Threshold (in case of peak detection) or drops below Top (in
case of dip detection) the peak/dip search starts. The number of samples taken before the peak
or dip value is determined is set using the Samples field. The output value is scaled between
Threshold and Top. Use this feature when you are interested in detecting sudden significant
changes in the sensor values, ie. when they are occasionally jumping to a high or a low value.
Checking Peak/Dip will also allow checking Constant and End detection. [default: unchecked]
I-CubeX Technical Support