Unable to properly connect to digitizer

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

Jose Ignacio Lopez

Post by Jose Ignacio Lopez »

I just got a starter kit and some extra sensors.
After trying with 4 different MIDI interfaces and 5 different computers (both MAC and PC) I get:
The I-cubex editor recognizes the MIDI interface ( I have tried to editors 3.15 and 2).
The minidig shows a red led on when powered up and the midi out flashes twice.
My MIDI interface shows no lights (is an Evolution USB M by M-Audio).
What's next?

Jose Ignacio Lopez.
CRCA
UCSD Computer Music.
Tech

Re: Unable to properly connect to digitizer

Post by Tech »

The microDig sounds to be behaving normally, I suspect there's a problem somewhere in the MIDI chain. These questions may help find the issue:
Are you sure the MIDI interface drivers are properly installed?
Is there a MIDI thru functionality turned on in the interface?
Do you have access to another MIDI interface that has LEDs which can tell you if your computer's MIDI setup is indeed working?
I-CubeX Technical Support
brokenman
I-CubeX gear: minidig 5

Re: Unable to properly connect to digitizer

Post by brokenman »

I am also hving this problem, here are more details as emailed to your support team, any help would be greatly appreciated:

hi there, i am having real problems with my minidig at the moment. I recently received funding for a project and put in an order for quite allot of sensors from you (all of which I have received with no problems) I also got funding to repair my MacBook Pro laptop. This is the first time that I have attempted to use the minidig (version 5) with my laptop and its just not connecting properly. I have the latest i-cube x editor 3.05 installed, the minidig is connected to an audiophile usb soundcard (with its latest drivers installed) through its MIDI in/out's and I have also tried it with my maudio evolution uc-33 controller (which is class compliant). Neither fo these MIDI interfaces have any visual indication of activity but I know that neither of them are broken and they work with every other application! When the minidig powers up I am met with the little LED's dimly blinking twice and then brightly once and the red LED is always on. The MIDI interfaces are displayed in the i-cube editor but when I try to check connections I am always met with the message "unable to properly connect to digitizer". My MacBook Pro is running os x 10.5.2. and all of the MIDI cables seem in god repair and are properly inserted in the correct ports. I'm at a loss, and would really appreciate your help!