Wi-MicroDig connection problem

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

patwardh
I-CubeX gear: Wi-Mini
BioFlex

Wi-MicroDig connection problem

Post by patwardh »

Hi,

we have been using the wi-microdig successfully with BioFlex sensors using both the C++ API and the MaxMSP development environment (on a PC)

Recently, however, we have not been able to connect to the Wi-Microboard using BlueMidi or any other interface. When the board is plugged into the 9V battery, the yellow LED light continually stays on (even after unplugging and re-plugging). I think the board is in stuck in some "on" state and cant properly connect. The wiminidig also shows a red LED when powered on.

Any ideas on next steps...Reinitialize the board?

thanks,
Anil
chiu
I-CubeX gear: Wi-mirodig

Re: Wi-MicroDig connection problem

Post by chiu »

Also we tried couple methods to reset the board but failed

1) BlueMIDI refused the connection ( fail to connect )

2) In Editor 3.15 – cannot establish a connection so not able to issue any commands - In editor v3.15, when I choose > reset > configuration – software hangs with trying to connect to Wi-mirodig and I have to kill the editor process

3) In MAX/MSP runtime 4.5 – error message “error: serial: error opening serial port ( when click on max patch wi-microdig.help from ) http://infusionsystems.com/download/max-patch-digs.zip

4) Tried to issue command using DLL C++ API – . function
a. LINK LED timer reset command – ( F0h, 7Dh, 00h, FEh, F7h)
b. MIDI system reset command - ( F0h, 7Dh, 00h, FFh, F7h)
c. MUTE command – (F0h, 7Dh, 00h, 20h, F7h)
d. SET MUTE command - (F0h, 7Dh, 00h, 32h, 01h, F7h)
e. RESET command - ( F0h, 7Dh, 00h, 22h, F7h)
f. CLEAR CONFIG command - ( F0h, 7Dh, 00h, 69h, 01h, F7h)

The Yellow “IN LED” light up continuously. Bluetooth device is found but not able connect. Usually when connection is successful, the blue light will stay on, blue light is not light up at all now.

What we did earlier issue commands to Wi-mirodig using C++ API - . function to send commands in a while(true){ ... } loop
rob
I-CubeX gear: microDig

Re: Wi-MicroDig connection problem

Post by rob »

I am experiencing a similar problem, however, the difference is I am seeing an indicator light on the interface (midisport 1x1), the power light is illuminated and the midiout blinks but no indication on the midi in side of things on either the microDig or the Midisport. Should both the in and out light on the microDig blink twice to indicate the lines are connected properly, right now only the out light is lighting up when I plug it in.

Any ideas?