I-CubeX and Csound

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

MrMusicHead
I-CubeX gear: Starter kit w/miniDig, ReachClose, Touch, Turn sensors

I-CubeX and Csound

Post by MrMusicHead »

Just wanted to make mention of the fact that I recently ordered my first I-CubeX system (the starter kit), and I now have I-CubeX and Csound working together flawlessly on my Mac.

I use the chanctrl opcode in Csound to get the midi data from the I-CubeX editor.

I'm very pleased and am looking forward to acquiring more sensors for interactive sound installations. Thanks, I-CubeX, for making this easy.

P.S. Any other Csounders out there?
nmarinel
I-CubeX gear: All.

Re: I-CubeX and Csound

Post by nmarinel »

Hello!

I'm a student in the Music Synthesis major at Berklee College of Music. I use Csound a lot as well. What kind of stuff are you into within Csound? Do you make pieces or are you more into installation art and alternate controllers?

I'm trying to get the I-CubeX system we have here to work, but I can't seem to get the editor to connect to the digitizer. LEDs indicating transmission and reception of information are active both on my digitizer and MIDI interface, but the info doesn't make it into the software. What version of the editor are you using? I'm on a Macbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.7, a regular, old digitizer, and an Edirol UM-1ex MIDI interface.
matt_h
I-CubeX gear: iCubeX Digitizer, with BioBeat, BioFlex, BioWave, BioEmo and various other sensors.

Re: I-CubeX and Csound

Post by matt_h »

hi nick!

it's matt hines here. i am also having the same error, a year or so on from you having this error. perhaps our equipment is faulty?!

did you ever figure out what was wrong?

best,

matt

ps. yes, i love csound