Max/MSP biobeat, bioflex, etc. patches issues

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

ADmoney
I-CubeX gear: biowave, bioflex, bioemo, biobeat, wi-micro

Max/MSP biobeat, bioflex, etc. patches issues

Post by ADmoney »

Hello,

I'm able to connect to the Wi-microDig using the help patch, and read values from all the sensors. I have the externals in my max-externals folder. When I close that and open a bioflex patch, for example, I select the correct com port. The blue light turns on, indicating I'm connected. When I click reset, it says "iCube error(outlet #1): outlet not connected" and "iCube : Switching to Host Mode..." Then when I try to click on/off, I get a stream of messages saying "bpatcher: doesn't understand "float"" . I am using Mac OS X Intel Leopard with MaxMSP 5. From what I understand the icubex patch is already imbedded in these patches, right? Maybe I'm missing the obvious here. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Adrian
ADmoney
I-CubeX gear: biowave, bioflex, bioemo, biobeat, wi-micro

Re: Max/MSP biobeat, bioflex, etc. patches issues

Post by ADmoney »

OK well I discovered that:

BioFlex-12.maxpat makes a reference to a "bio_norm.pat" file in the inspector of a bpatcher. Does anybody know where to find this file? I downloaded all the MaxMSP stuff from IcubeX but cannot find it...

Similarly the BioBeat-12.maxpat makes a reference to both the bio_norm.pat file and a "bio_thresh.maxpat" file. Also missing.

Can anybody point me to these files? I've searched the web, icubex site, etc...

Thanks!

Adrian