Unable to connect to Digitizer

Discussion of I-CubeX applications and use. Post here questions about your project, product suggestions, bugs, setup issues, ..

Moderator: Tech

matt_h
I-CubeX gear: iCubeX Digitizer, with BioBeat, BioFlex, BioWave, BioEmo and various other sensors.

Unable to connect to Digitizer

Post by matt_h »

Hi!

I know that this topic has been broached before, thus I am loath to do so again, but I haven't come across a solution online for my problem.

I come across the following error message when trying to configure my Digitizer with the iCube Editor:

'Unable to connect to Digitizer'

I have the Digitizer powered on, I have a MIDI-USB interface (Edirol UM-1ex), and I have a test sensor plugged in.

So far as I can establish, my MIDI chain is correct. The interface works great with other equipment of mine, and has the latest drivers. The LED on the UM-1 MIDI interface even goes green when I move the sensor, indicated the Digitizer is spitting out MIDI, which is good.

I can select the UM-1, open it, click edit, just as the 'get started' documentation says, but I just cannot connect to it. It comes up with the error every time.

I've tried different MIDI interfaces, switching the cables, switching which cable was plugged in where. I feel like I've tried everything, yet I'm at a loss.

Does anybody have an suggestions? What might I be doing wrong? What could I try next? I can report back on the progress of anything you'd have me try in order to rectify this problem.

Many thanks to all in advance!
codemarshall
I-CubeX gear: microDig

Re: Unable to connect to Digitizer

Post by codemarshall »

You may want to try the ICubeXLink program, the interface is simpler and was a workaround with a MiDiSport 2x2.
Tech

Post by Tech »

We have had trouble making the I-CubeX editor software work with the Edirol UM-1 for unknown reasons. Over the years we have found that not all MIDI interfaces are created equal. At this point the best we can advise is to use another MIDI interface or to use our new Link software. Do feel free to email us at Tech@ICubeX.com for further consultation !
I-CubeX Technical Support
Tech

Post by Tech »

There is now a test version of Link that can configure all 32 inputs as well as 8 outputs of the Digitizer. Please go to http://icubex.com/link.
I-CubeX Technical Support