Bend your fingers and control your lights. Bi-directional, so it goes from -180° to +180°
(larger flex angle possible). Shorther version available as
longer version as
BendShort. See this videoclip for a demo of the BendShort !
- Combine with the TouchGlove and
create your own custom dataglove for capturing finger bending, capture hand movements with a
- Go whole-body with a bodysuit, capture all your joints' movements and express with all your extremities. A couple of
BioFlex sensors will capture muscle tension. Use a
GForce3D-6 on your feet and hands
to capture kicks and punches. A Hot will keep
you in check of your body temp.
- Since it's such a thin and flexible sensor, it's usable for measuring airflow.
- Put it bent across an elastic band so that when you stretch the band you can measure the tension in the elastic band.
- Wireless Wi-microDig
with one of our BatteryPacks
recommended in all cases to operate without tether.
- For bookworms: has also been used to detect turning of pages.
||2.0 (May 2011)|
||flex angle multiplied by flex radius|
||-180° to +180° (larger flex angle possible)|
||36 x 1.7 mm (1.4 x 0.67 inch)|
|Minimum flex radius
||5 mm (0.2 inch)|
|| KOhm (at -180° flex angle) to KOhm (at 0° flex angle) to KOhm (at 180° flex angle)|
|Calibration (using minimum flex radius)|
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||1.0 to 10 V DC, 0.1 mA at 5 V|
||63 x 6.0 x 0.1 mm (2.5 x 0.24 x 0.004 inch)|
||9 g (0.3 oz), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch) shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = sensor output, maximum extension 30 m (98 ft)|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- 09 Dec 2014: SensorX v1.00 for MacOS and Windows (64bit, contact us for the 32bit version) from source code in Max. For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder. Use together with Connect (MacOS) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
||The sensor output is determined by both the angle between the ends of the
sensor as well as the flex radius; bending the sensor sharply will result in more value change
than bending the sensor smoothly, when keeping the ends in the same position. Shorther version
available as BendMicro,
longer version as BendShort.|