What is your orientation ? Find east, west, south, north, up, down and more with this sensor in any position. Obtain the heading, pitch and roll of any object. Has digital I2C (for more precision) outputs. View the sensor data using our Orient3D software (see below). Mount on your body with Wearability. Need longer cables ? Use the ExtendCable2D-1.
- Use it as a sophisticated game controller.
- Allow your robot or toy car to know what's up and down, and left and right etc. Combine with GForce3D-6, and
ReachClose to detect approaches to and/or impacts with walls and what have you.
- Use 5 Orient3D on a human body and calculate its posture (some math required !).
Using the sensor with the Wi-microSystem enables you to use the sensor without being tethered to your computer or MIDI device.
- Any magnetic materials or fields in the vicinity of the sensor may distort the sensor output.
- Make sure the sensor is plugged into the digitizer with the red wire connected to power. Reversing the plug may cause damage to the sensor.
- To access the sensor data, please consult the Orient3D manual
- 18 Jul 2014: Orient3D v4.1 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max. Use together with Connect (MacOS) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
- 14 May 2013: Orient3D v3.0 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max.
||3.0 (May 2013)|
||triple-axis earth's magnetic field intensity and acceleration|
||Hall effect and MEMS|
||4 deg RMS at 0 deg tilt, 5 deg RMS at ±60 deg tilt|
||3.3 to 5 V DC, 25 mA
||25 x 19 x 5 mm (1.0 x 0.75 x 0.20 inch), incl. two mm ( inch) mounting holes
||13 g ( oz), incl. cable
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, thick black wire = ground, grey wire = I2C data, white wire = I2C clock, maximum extension m ( ft)
||male plug with 4 pins in two rows spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|