The BioBeat was replaced by the BioVolt.
Be I-CubeX-ed in a heartbeat. Developed by BioControl, this sensor will capture your heart by measuring its EKG. View the sensor data using our BioBeat software (see below). Use the BioBeat with a wireless Wi-microSystem in all cases to operate conveniently without tether and ensure electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below). See this videoclip for a demo !
The BioBeat combines perfectly with the BioEmo, BioFlex and BioVolt. Become zen and still perform.
- Add intensity to your musical performance by tweaking your sound through signals straight from the heart.
- For whole-body expression go bodysuit, capture all your joints' movements and express with all your extremities.
BendShort sensors from finger to toe.
Add a GForce3D-6 on your feet
and hands to capture kicks and punches.
A Hot will keep
you in check of your body temp. Top it all off with a
TouchGlove on both hands to always be able to touch-control your performance, even when you're doing a handstand.
- See how the Biosensors are used in musical performance.
Using the sensor with the Wi-microSystem not only ensures electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below) but also enables you to use the sensor without being tethered to your computer or MIDI device.
The sensor includes a notch filter to reduce power grid noise (50 or 60 Hz). Note that the sensor is shipped with this power grid notch filter set to 50 Hz. It can be changed if necessary to 60 Hz by cutting the blue jumper wire on the side of the board inside the neoprene band.
- User guide
- Demo video
- 18 Jan 2015: BioBeat v2.20 for MacOS and Windows (32bit, contact us for the 64bit version) from source code in Max. For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder. Use together with Connect (MacOS) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
- 10 Feb 2012: BioBeat v1.41 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max.
- You can also use the BioBeat with the EyesWeb plugin.
The BioBeat sensor is to be used only with extreme caution according to the following instructions. It is intended for research purposes only and not intended for use in any clinical medical practices whatsoever.
Any violation of these instructions nullifies any warranty (express or implied) and nullifies any liability or culpability (express or implied) of Infusion Systems Ltd.. Any violation of these instructions can result in electrocution, severe injury, or even death.
- The BioBeat sensor must only be plugged into a battery powered, wireless I-CubeX digitizer (eg. the Wi-microDig or Wi-miniDig) manufactured by Infusion Systems and not any other digitizer.
- The BioBeat sensor must only be connected as shown in the diagram on the wireless digitizer.
- The wireless digitizer used with the BioBeat sensor must only be powered by a common 9V battery as used in consumer goods or an I-CubeX BatteryPack.
- Only I-CubeX sensors may be connected to the wireless digitizer that is used for interfacing the BioBeat.
- When using the BioBeat sensor, I-CubeX products may not be connected in any way to the electrical power grid or any other high voltage source.
||1.3 (April 2013)|
||skin surface voltage|
||Bipolar voltage measurement|
||1 – 200 Hz with 50/60 Hz notch filter|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, 4 mA max|
||100 x 26 x 10 mm (3.94 x 1.0 x 0.39 inch), electrode distance 34 mm (1.3 inch), total strap length 86 cm (34 inch)|
||50 g. (1.8 oz) incl. cable and strap|
||1.0 m (39 inch) shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = signal, maximum extension 30 m (98 ft)|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|