Turn your I-CubeX setup into a keyboard. Map data coming from any of the I-CubeX digitizers to key codes and strings.
09 Feb 2011: I-CubeX
Keys v1.40 (Windows).
Check the download archive for older releases. A MacOS version is not available (yet). For source code, please contact our tech support. Not the right solution ? We have more software.
- Keys v1.x requires Windows XP or Vista.
- Microsoft .net v1.x runtime software is required.
- A digitizer with firmware v6.0 or higher, including applicable drivers, is required. Some drivers may be included in the Windows editor installation package, so they may already have been installed on your system.
- The USB-microDig requires a USB interface and drivers.
- The Wi-microDig requires a Bluetooth interface, eg. the BluetoothAdapter, with drivers.
Installation and user manuals, tutorials and tips
- There is no installation required if all drivers have been installed.
- USB-microDig quickstart documentation can be found on its product page.
- Wi-microDig quickstart documentation can be found on its product page.
- Supports USB-microDig(s) and Wi-microDig(s).
- Autoconnect option.
- Option to reduce window to system tray.
- Mapping: map the sensor peak or dip value as well as the peak "end" event (return of the sensor value below the threshold) to a keycode between A-Z, and the threshold-crossing value to a-z and/or [TAB], [ENTER], [HOME], [END], [LEFT], [RIGHT], [CTRL-(some character)], [ALT-(some character)], [F1] - [F9] and combinations hereof that form a string.
- Send the keycodes/strings to a Windows media player programs such as Windows media player, VLC, XMPlay, Foobar2000, browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, just Notepad or else to specialized behaviour coding/measurement programs programs such as Techsmith Morae Observer and Noldus Observer XT for recording and annotation. Using the "advanced" option it's possible to send the keycodes/strings to any Windows program by identifying its Windows handle.
- Sensor data processing: peak/dip detection (detect the largest/smallest value of up to 16 sensor values over time and output this or a preset value), inversion (dip value maps to lowercase character and threshold crossing value maps to uppercase character), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to the full output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range).
- Reset all sensors at once or each sensor individually.
- Debugging info: display the keycodes/strings sent to the selected software, display messages sent to and coming from the digitizer.
- Configuration saving and loading.
The lowercase characters p-z are not received correctly by Noldus Observer XT.
Please notify us if you encounter any other bugs.