Detects movement direction and speed, from a stroll to a sprint, within a range of 5 m (16 ft). Be there not or be I-CubeX-ed. Can also be used to count the number of people passing by. Has both analog and digital I2C (for more precision) outputs. View the sensor data using our MoveAlong software (see below). Need more detail ? Try the MoveAround. If you just need to know if there's somebody moving or not in a room, try the MoveOn.
- Use for detecting the number, direction and speed of visitors passing by an exhibit or through a walkway.
- Combine with a
some Advance-645 and/or ReachClose
sensors and make sure every move of your visitor has an effect.
Perhaps the TouchStripOn is useful for additional coverage on walls.
The Flash +
combo allows you to implement break-beams that could indicate borders or thresholds.
||1.0 (July 2009)|
||direction and angular speed of heat emitting object|
||infrared (micrometer spectrum) differential|
||0.5 - 5.0 m (1.6 - 16 ft) within 22 ° angle|
||10 - 511 °/s|
||50 ms (10 to 90%)|
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||4.75 to 12 V DC, 12 mA|
||56 x 47 x 20 mm (2.2 x 1.8 x 0.79 inch)|
||30 g (1.1 oz), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, thick black wire = ground, grey wire = sensor analog output 1 or I2C data, white wire = I2C clock, maximum extension n/a m (n/a ft)|
||male plug with 4 pins in two rows spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- 8 Dec 2010: MoveAlong v1.21 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max
- Please read the MoveAlong technical documentation.
- Make sure the sensor is plugged into the digitizer with the red wire connected to power. Reversing the plug may cause damage to the sensor.
- The MoveAlong sensor needs at least 25 seconds before it is ready for stable operation.
- Best results are obtained if the sensor is placed at a distance of 1 meter of the person passing by.
- The sensor is not suited for environments with rapid temperature changes due to wind, heating devices or air conditioners, nor will the unit work well in environments with shocks and vibrations or environments with sunlight or other intense light aimed directly at the sensor.