Detects presence in upto 8 regions of humans, animals or other heat-emitting objects. The sensor has a total field of view of roughly 41 degrees horizontally by 6.0 degrees vertically, ie. per region a view of 5.1 degrees horizontally by 6.0 degrees vertically. Can be used to count the number of people passing by. Use the sensor data to calculate movement direction and speed of these heat emitting objects within a couple of meters. View the sensor data using our MoveAround software (see below). Be there not or be I-CubeX-ed. Has only a digital I2C (for more precision) output, so can only be used with the USB-microSystem, microSystem, Wi-microSystem. If you just need to know if there's somebody moving or not in a room, try the MoveOn. For direct measurement of both movement direction and speed without calculations, try the MoveAlong.
- Use for detecting the number, direction and speed of visitors present and/or passing by an exhibit or through a walkway.
- Combine with a
some Advance-645 and/or ReachClose
sensors and make sure every move of your visitor has an effect.
Perhaps the TouchStripOn is useful for additional coverage on walls.
The Flash +
combo allows you to implement break-beams that could indicate borders or thresholds.
||1.0 (July 2009)|
||temperature of each 8 heat emitting objects|
||infrared (2um-22um) radiation intensity|
||approx. 5 m (15 ft) within 41° by 6° field of view (8 elements of approx. 5° by 6°)|
||4 - 100°C|
||±3°C from 4 to 10°C, ±2°C from 10 to 100°C|
||40 ms (10 to 90%)|
|Calibration (for each of 8 elements)|
||Output value (I2C)|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, 5 mA|
||37 x 18 x 13 mm (1.5 x 0.71 x 0.51 inch)|
||30 g (1.1 oz), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, thick black wire = ground, grey wire = I2C data, white wire = I2C clock, maximum extension n/a m (n/a ft)|
||male plug with 4 pins in two rows spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- 07 Dec 2014: MoveAround v2.00 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max. Use together with Connect (MacOS) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
- 08 Dec 2010: MoveAround v1.22 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max
- Please read the MoveAround technical documentation.
- Can only be used with the USB-microSystem, microSystem, Wi-microSystem
- Make sure the sensor is plugged into the digitizer with the red wire connected to power. Reversing the plug may cause damage to the sensor.
- The MoveAround sensor needs at least 25 seconds before it is ready for stable operation.
- Best results are obtained if the sensor is placed at a distance of 1 meter of the person(s) standing or passing by.
- The sensor is not suited for environments with rapid temperature changes due to wind, heating devices or air conditioners, nor will the unit work well in environments with shocks and vibrations or environments with sunlight or other intense light aimed directly at the sensor.