Create a huge presence. Ultrasonically senses distances of objects, persons,
walls from 0.15 to 12 m (0.49 to 39 ft.). Is invisible to the audience.
Not suitable for low volume sound installation. For a silent distance sensor that measures upto 6.45 m (21.2 ft.) try the Advance-645.
- Use for distance measurement relative to a wall or presence detection of objects and persons
(it cannot detect the number of people present).
- Combine with a
sensors and make sure every move of your visitor has an effect.
Perhaps the TouchStripOn
is useful for additional coverage on walls.
The Flash +
combo allows you to implement break-beams that could indicate borders or thresholds.
||ultrasonic (50 KHz pulse burst emitted at 10Hz rate)|
||0.15 to 12 m (0.49
to 39 ft.)
||0.1% of output value
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||-40° to 85° C (-40° to 185° F)|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, 30 mA
||64 x 64 x 25 mm (2.5 x 2.5 x 1.0 inch), excl. flanges with 4.5 mm (0.18 inch) mounting holes spaced 76 mm (3.0 inch) apart|
||150 g (5.3 oz), incl. cable|
||5.0 m (16 ft), shielded, red wire = power, uninsulated wire = ground, black wire = sensor output, maximum extension 25 m (82 ft)|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|
- multiple FarReach sensors can be placed adjacently where the spacing is determined by the maximum distance to be measured at which distance the ultrasound emission cones should not overlap
- any indirect echoes of the ultrasonic pulse (eg. from the sidewalls in a narrow corridor) may generate incorrect sensor output values
- not suitable for low volume sound installations due to ultrasonic pulse which is audible as a click
- do not connect the FarReach plug reversely to the Digitizer, because it might blow the fuse in the Digitizer !