For sensing walking, jumping, and yes...tapping. Senses from 45 to 1000 N (4.5 to 100 Kg, 10 to 227 lbs). See this videoclip for a demo ! Use with ExtendCable-5 or ExtendCable-10 recommended.
- See how NYX Visual measured soccer player performance in their interactive installation with a floor of TapTiles.
- Measure weight, detect foot position or use for interactive dance. See the BalanceTile demo !
- Put it underneath your doormat and know the weight of your visitor before shaking their hand.
- Combine with MoveOn, Advance and/or ReachClose sensors and make sure every move of your visitor has an effect. The Flash + SeeLaser combo allows you to implement break-beams that could indicate borders or thresholds.
||2.3 (May 2013)|
||contact pressure, weigth|
||approx. 30 cm (12 inch) diameter circle|
||45 to 1000 N (4.5 to 100 Kg, 10 to 227 lbs)|
||more than 100 KOhm (at 0 N) to 200 Ohm (at 1000 N) in parallel with 47 KOhm|
|Calibration (force applied to center of tile)|
||Voltage (use 5 V power supply)
||7-bit MIDI value (use 'no processing' editor preset)|
||1.0 to 10 V DC, 1 mA at 5 V|
||30 x 30 x 2.3 cm (12 x 12 x 0.91 inch)|
||0.96 Kg (2.1 lbs), incl. cable|
||1.0 m (39 inch), shielded, red wire = power, uninsulated wire = ground, black wire = sensor output, maximum extension 30 m (98 ft)|
||male plug with 3 pins in a row spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)
- 09 Dec 2014: SensorX v1.00 for MacOS and Windows (64bit, contact us for the 32bit version) from source code in Max. For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder. Use together with Connect (MacOS / Windows) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
||The calibration table provides a ball park estimate. To obtain accurate measurements calibration is required for each TapTile individually due to e.g. differences in activation force. To offset activation force, apply layers of tape at the bottom until it touches the floor at rest.