For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer with the iCube and oCube plugins for Max on MacOS.
30 Nov 2012: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.0 (MacOS)
30 Nov 2012: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.0 (Windows)
Legacy versions: Max plugins v2.1 for Windows, Max plugins v2.1 for MacOS on Intel, Max plugins v2.01 for MacOS on PowerPC and jMax plugins for Linux/Unix.
Also checkout our digitizer plugin for Max.
- iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.0 require Max 5.0 or higher for MacOS or Windows.
- A digitizer with firmware v3.5 or higher, including applicable drivers, is required.
Manuals and tutorials
Try the included help patches or entertain yourself with a really old user manual.
Please note that the "0 hostmode" message, which sets the digitizer in host mode (as opposed to stand alone mode which is used with the editor) may be required to use the iCube plugin with your digitizer.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to a desired output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range), smoothing (reduce noise in the sensor values), noise gate (output values only if they are larger by a desired amount than the previous value).
- Sensor preset: make use of a standard set of presets to quickly configure an input.
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired output of iCube, or switch the routing instantaneously.
- Actuator output control: generate single or repeating pulses with variable pulse width.
- Multiple iCube and oCube instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugins to achieve maximum modularity of your patches.
- Multiple digitizer support (support for digitizer device IDs): use up to 126 digitizers in one Max patch.
- Auto configuration restore: automatic configuration re-load after a digitizer power cycle.
- Digitizer version support: digitizer firmware and hardware are checked by iCube and features are made available accordingly.
- Debugging support: verbose and print functions provide more details of iCube and oCube data processing/status as well as digitizer status.