The BioWave was replaced by the BioVolt.
We don't care what you think - this sensor is mind-boggling. Developed by BioControl, it captures the skin surface voltages on your head such as signals from facial muscles (EMG) and eyes (EOG) as well as some signals from the brain (EEG). View the sensor data using our BioWave software (see below).
Use the BioWave with a wireless Wi-microSystem in all cases to operate conveniently without tether and ensure electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below).
The BioWave combines perfectly with the BioBeat, BioEmo and BioFlex. Become zen and still perform.
- Add intensity to your musical performance by tweaking your sound through frowns, winks and other histrionics.
- For whole-body expression go bodysuit, capture all your joints' movements and express with all your extremities.
BendShort sensors from finger to toe.
Add a GForce3D-6 on your feet and hands to capture kicks and punches.
A Hot will keep
you in check of your body temp. Top it all off with a
TouchGlove on both hands to always be able to touch-control your performance, even when you're doing a handstand.
- Read up on Alexis Kirke's work with the BioBeat, BioEmo, BioFlex and BioWave.
Using the sensor with the Wi-microSystem not only ensures electrically safe operation (see disclaimer below) but also enables you to use the sensor without being tethered to your computer or MIDI device.
The sensor includes a notch filter to reduce power grid noise (50 or 60 Hz). Note that the sensor is shipped with this power grid notch filter set to 50 Hz. It can be changed if necessary to 60 Hz by cutting the blue jumper wire on the side of the board inside the neoprene band.
- User guide
- 07 Dec 2014: BioWave v1.6 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max. Use together with Connect (MacOS / Windows) or BlueMIDI (Windows).
- 10 Feb 2012: BioWave v1.41 for MacOS and Windows from source code in Max.
- You can also use the BioWave with the EyesWeb plugin.
The BioWave sensor is to be used only with extreme caution. It is intended for research purposes only and not intended for use in any clinical medical practice whatsoever.
Any violation of these instructions nullifies any warranty (express or implied) and nullifies any liability or culpability (express or implied) of Infusion Systems Ltd.. Any violation of these instructions can result in electrocution, severe injury, or even death.
- The BioWave sensor must only be plugged into a battery powered, wireless I-CubeX digitizer (eg. the Wi-microDig or Wi-miniDig) manufactured by Infusion Systems and not any other digitizer.
- The BioWave sensor must only be connected as shown in the diagram on the wireless digitizer.
- The wireless digitizer used with the BioWave sensor must only be powered by a common 9V battery as used in consumer goods or an I-CubeX BatteryPack.
- Only I-CubeX sensors may be connected to the wireless digitizer that is used for interfacing the BioWave.
- When using the BioWave sensor, I-CubeX products may not be connected in any way to the electrical power grid or any other high voltage source.
||1.3 (August 2012)|
||skin surface voltage|
||Bipolar voltage measurement|
||1 â 200 Hz with 50 or 60 Hz notch filter|
||4.75 to 5.25 V DC, 5 mA max|
||75 x 26 x 13 mm (3.0 x 1.0 x 0.50 inch), electrode distance 16 mm (0.63 inch), total strap length 63 cm (25 inch)|
||50 g (1.8 oz) incl. cable and strap|
||1.0 m (39 inch) shielded, red wire = power, black wire = ground, white wire = signal, maximum extension 30 m (98 ft)|
||male plug with a row of 3 pins spaced 2.54 mm (0.100 inch)|