View and record calibrated analog sensor data, and map it to MIDI and OSC messages.
24 Jul 2019: SensorX v1.10 for MacOS or Windows from source code in Max.
Please note that the posted zip file of a released version may be replaced by a newer file without notice, ie. without the newer file being tagged as a new version. If you encounter any issues with the software, please check back here to see if a newer file (ie. same version but dated more recently) than the one you are using is available.
Check the download archive page for older releases. Not the right solution ? We have more software.
- MacOS X 10.7 (Lion) or newer on Intel or Windows 7 or newer.
- An analog sensor such as the ReachClose, ReachFar or any of the Touch sensors.
- A digitizer with firmware v4.1 or higher, including applicable interfaces and drivers.
Installation and user manuals, tutorials and tips
- See the included help documentation (pdf).
- For multiple sensors or sensor outputs, run multiple instances of the application, each started in its own folder.
- Calibrate the sensor data in the units you require.
- View the sensor data graphically plotted in realtime.
- Record the sensor data to a file.
- Map the sensor data to MIDI Note On or Control Change messages.
- Output the sensor data as OSC messages.
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.
- If your digitizer's identifying numbers are incorrectly stored in the digitizer, the software may show unexpected behaviour. The label numbers are shown on the bottom of the digitizer. Use ResetDig to restore these numbers as per the label (except for the firmware number if it was updated).
- On recent versions of MacOS, the iMakeCalibrationFormula shows an error message and cannot be used. Please use the Windows version (in the Windows version of SensorX) instead.