For more sensor mapping complexity, use your I-CubeX digitizer with the iCube and oCube plugins for Max on MacOS and Windows. The iCube and oCube plugins for Max are software modules that facilitate the configuration of a digitizer and process its sensor data or control its actuator outputs so that the sensor data and actuator controls are ready to use in a Max patch. Use Max for free with Max runtime.
29 Nov 2018: iCube Max plugin v4.1 (MacOS / Windows)
29 Nov 2018: oCube Max plugin v4.1 (MacOS / Windows)
3 Dec 2014: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.1 (MacOS 64-bit)
3 Dec 2014: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.1 (Windows 64-bit)
3 Dec 2014: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.0 (MacOS 32-bit)
3 Dec 2014: iCube & oCube Max plugins v3.0 (Windows 32-bit)
Legacy versions: Max plugins v2.1 (Windows), Max plugins v2.1 (MacOS on Intel), Max plugins v2.01 (MacOS on PowerPC) and jMax plugins (Linux/Unix).
A related product is the iCube Pd plugin (MacOS / Windows / Linux). Also checkout our digitizer plugin for Max, which uses iCube.
- Max 5.0 or higher for MacOS or Windows.
- A digitizer with firmware v4.1 or higher, including applicable drivers.
Manuals and tutorials
- Try the included help patches or entertain yourself with a really old user manual.
- The "0 hostmode" message, which sets the digitizer in host mode (as opposed to stand alone mode which is used with the editor) may be required to use the iCube plugin with your digitizer.
- Sensor data processing: inversion (increasing sensor stimulation results in decreasing output values), thresholds (the sensor values within the specified range are offset and scaled to a desired output range), zooming (set the sensitivity of an input to a specific voltage range), smoothing (reduce noise in the sensor values), noise gate (output values only if they are larger by a desired amount than the previous value).
- Sensor preset: make use of a standard set of presets to quickly configure an input.
- Sensor data routing: connect sensors to any desired output of iCube, or switch the routing instantaneously.
- Actuator output control: generate single or repeating pulses with variable pulse width.
- Multiple iCube and oCube instantiation support: use multiple instantiations of the Max plugins to achieve maximum modularity of your patches.
- Multiple digitizer support (support for digitizer device IDs): use up to 126 digitizers in one Max patch.
- Auto configuration restore: automatic configuration re-load after a digitizer power cycle.
- Digitizer version support: digitizer firmware and hardware are checked by iCube and features are made available accordingly.
- Debugging support: verbose and print functions provide more details of iCube and oCube data processing/status as well as digitizer status.
Please notify us if you encounter a bug or issue.
- On Windows 64-bit, if you encounter an error message popup window stating that MSVCR110D.DLL is missing, you are using iCube and oCube v3.1 externals that were released prior to 3 December 2014. To avoid this error message, please re-download and use/install new copies of the v3.1 (64-bit) iCube and oCube externals that were released on/after 3 December 2014.